The Marikana Support Campaign needs your help.
The Marikana Support Campaign primarily helps to fund legal representation for the families of those affected by the massacre and also provides support to the widows and children of the slain miners. The campaign helps to organise and support protest action in Marikana and across the country and produces campaign materials, t-shirts, badges and leaflets to ensure that Marikana is not forgotten. To date we have only reached 40% of our target of R200 000.
How can you help?
Donate to the Marikana Support Campaign
The easiest way to help is to visit our GivenGain page and make a donation. Visit http://bit.ly/GivenGain and you can make a simple and easy donation.
Register as an Activist
Even better you can register as an activist on GivenGain and set up your own fundraising project. Becoming an activist with GivenGain is an easy and simple all you need to do is follow the instructions below:
- Go to GivenGain
- Create and Activist account
- Create a new fundraising project – To find the Marikana Support Campaign Search for the Human Rights Media trust or click on this link.
- Decide how much you would like to raise with your project (any contribution helps)
- Describe your project (let your donors know what it’s about and why you think they should support the Marikana Support Campaign).
- Send Donors to your cause page
- Remember to update your page by commenting, adding photographs and videos. Let your donors know how you are doing and share your progress on facebook and twitter.
We appreciate your time and support. Without your help we would not have gone this far, and with your continued support we hope to go all the way and see reall justice for all those affected by the Marikana Massacre.